Vitre, 22 august

 Vitre is another town with a medieval castle and wood fronted houses. Being Sunday all the shops and most cafes were shut so it was a bit empty of people.

When we got to the castle square they were taking down stalls and a band stand, last night we thought we heard noise and I had looked up events in the town and got nothing on. Well it turns out there was a brass band/ jazz concert.  I guess with covid it was safer to miss it 

but till might have been fun.

Lots of old buildings 






The cabbage soup, not a cafe Ill ever get P into
tinned fish anyone?



A rather grand church with a pulpit on the outside to talk to the peasants.

Then off for a drive in the countryside.

the whole lake was ringed with little fishermans huts

this cow has storks for company

4000 year old dolman they dragged the rocks from 2km away


design for the hotel the chateau is building at the sculpture park

some of the sculptures




picnic tables that they raise up the tree only 50Euro each for lunch

 








Comments

  1. Love that sculpture park! Did you have an uplifting picnic yourselves?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment, then I'll know I'm not just writing my diary

Popular posts from this blog

Bazouges-la-Perouse,18th August

Vannes ,Arzal, St Nazaire, St Roche, La Planie sur mer, LaMartiniere Sept 23-26

Le Lude, Luceau, Troo , Chateaudun October 1-3