Rennes, 28th August

 We spent the day in the capital of Brittany, Rennes. We got the bus in ( E1.50) to the centre of town and went to find the municipal swimming pool built in 1925 as I read that is has beautiful tiles.

sadly shut for the holidays and opens in September.


We walked past a place that advertised cats for rehoming, when I got home I looked up the price it is E130 to adopt one, no wonder they have so many.



Then it started to rain so we stopped for lunch and I had the best cheese, pesto and sundried toasted sandwich of all time while sitting in an old seat from an airplane.



After lunch we sheltered in a church for  while, these clergy were not going for the humble entry to heaven.




Then to the museum of beautiful art where we wandered about for an hour, all sorts of art from a mummified cat to lots of religious painting.
Using xrays they studied an egyptian mummified cat and then made it in resin

P giving a helping hand

a bit grumpy must be raining out

a copy of that painting they keep in Paris
 painted a couple of years later
John the Baptist hoping for help

The sun came out and we wandered about.




Comments

  1. Lovely photos - especially the one of mona lisa, you and old woman...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment, then I'll know I'm not just writing my diary

Popular posts from this blog

Bazouges-la-Perouse,18th August

Vannes ,Arzal, St Nazaire, St Roche, La Planie sur mer, LaMartiniere Sept 23-26

Le Lude, Luceau, Troo , Chateaudun October 1-3